Deployment Issue

Taragor

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi Everyone,

Recently I've started doing development in vb .net 2003 with oracle. Most of my experience has been with SQL.

That being said, I've come across an issue and I'm not exactly sure how to deal with it. I've created a windows application that connects to 1 of our oracle databases here and within my work environment everything works perfectly.

My problem occurs once I deploy the application to our application server. Executing the application gives me an error message saying the application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

So I tried another test, I deployed the application to another workstation and got the same error, BUT, this station has visual studio installed and if I open the project and do a rebuild on it, it runs fine on that workstation afterwards.

I've run a test with a test app connecting to a different oracle database and I have the same issue.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Tar

How are you deploying?

I've run into this problem and the issue for me was that I was not deploying all the files (dependencies). My recommendation would be to create a setup package (setup & deployment) and this should capture all your dependencies.

The other thought that comes to mind, is Oracle client installed on the machines you are trying to deploy to?

Back