Deploying VB.Net Application without .net framework

sanju_137

Programming Experience
1-3
I am facing problem while i am going to deploy my vb.net application at client end it ask for .net framework if client machine does'nt have.
it takes very long time to download from our webserver..
is there any way that i can reduce the size of .net framework or i can deploy my application at client end.

Hey,

Hey dude there's a way out....
Chech this
During deployment Go to project,under it select properties,
There u select prerequests there u have 3 options to download
Select the 3rd one that is download prerequistes from the same location as my location.
This will automatically include all the prerequistes that u select into ur built it package n will install on the client machine without using internet.
Dont forget to add .netframework in prerequistes.;)

Hope this will solve ur problem!!!!!

I know you can select for where the user will get the framework if not already installed with ClickOnce, it defaults to install from vendors site (Microsoft), see prerequisites dialog. It would be strange if the new Setup Project didn't have the same option.

Deploying Vb.net application

Can u please tell me the best way to deploy my vb.net application with .net framework at client end in minimum time.

ClickOnce is the easiest, as the name implies for most cases it is a "one click" operation (click the "Publish now" button). There is also not many settings on the Publish page (for good or bad) but you'll easily manage to look though them and understand them.

Deploying large size application at client end

hi,

i have 5 mb application, need to install at client end.
but the problem is that most of our client using 512 kbps of internet connection so,it takes very long time to download my application from our server at client end.
is there anyway so my client can easily download my application in minimum time.

please reply asap it's very urgent.

:confused:

No dude....
The only think noe left is u try to zip the file as much as u can and upload it...
But dont try to compress it too much as it can crash ur files...
Hope you get this...

Deploying Large size application

Hi,

I have develop a application on vb.net 2005 with .net framework 2.0,
size of my application is 33 mb (1 mb application+32mb .net framework)
it take very long time to download from server.
my client's does'nt want to download such large application.
i am big problem,please tell me is there any way so i can deploy this at client side in short of time.

As said, you should use the integrated ClickOnce deployment, where you let user download framework from MS if they need it. (this is default setting, so you should be fine).

deployment on winxp sp2

hi,

I have develop my application on vb.net 2003 with .net framework 1.1.
my application is not working over windows xp with sp2.
but as we know that winxp sp2 is shipped with .net framework 1.1 then why it's not work.
what i should do to install and run my application?

Back