Debugger not Stopping After Closing Program By Clicking "X"

vendiddy

Programming Experience
1-3
Recently, I noticed that the application I made doesn't stop the debugger when I click the X button on the main form. (Meaning that the Play button is greyed out and the Stop and Pause button are enabled)

What does this mean? Is my application still running after I've clicked the red X? If so, how do I make it completely close?

In my project, I have a second form (which I never load), and a Module which contains instances of some classes.
Oh yeah, and I here is what I have in the form_closing procedure:
VB.NET:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Private [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] frmInput_Closing([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Object[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] e [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs) [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Handles [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]MyBase[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Closing[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'Some cleaning up...(calling this procedure from a Module)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]       Data.ApplicationClose()[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]       MyBase[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Dispose(Disposing)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back