debug problem with TabStrip

rrwilliams

Programming Experience
1-3
This has been on the board for a while now. Is their anyone who has experienced this problem before. I have a reference to the Microsoft.Web.UI.Controls. I'v put this same code on various machines in the office and I've even re-installed VB.NET on my computer.
Please if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

----------------
This is strange. When I am in debug mode the application will not display my TabStrip in the proper format. However, when I run it on the same computer just pulling the application directly from browser my tabstrip works fine.

This is driving me crazy. Please Help!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums :).

You may notice that some threads in this forum aren't answered. This is most likely because no one here knows the answer. It could be however that no one saw your post. If you would like to bump the thread up to the top of the list simply add a reply with the word bump or something similar. Editing the post will neither move the thread nor make it more visible.

Also since your question is regarding web development and specifically a component in web development, a more suitable place to post would be the 'Using Components/Controls' in the ASP.NET section of this forum. I have therefore moved it to said category as someone with knowledge of ASP.NET is more likely to see it there. Posting in the correct forums also allows for better searching of the forums for future users.

Another way to have your question answered is to post more specific data. I have used the TabStrip component offered by Microsoft (is this the one you're using? There are many different TabStrip components available) and have no idea what you mean when you say 'the application will not display my TabStrip in the proper format'. What is the proper format?

Solution to problem

I thought I'd post the solution to my problem so others in the same jam will know.

I took over an application from another programmer and downloaded a local copy to my machine, however there was a file on the server called web_ctrl that was vital to making the tabs format correctly.
I went to MSDN and downloaded the IEWebControls loaded it on my computer, made a web_ctrl file, placed the support file into my new file and it formats perfectly now.

For those interested I went to: msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/webcontrols/overview/overview.asp

Back