Datagrid to change with new record...

ckeezer

Programming Experience
1-3
I have a form with customer info on it and a datagrid that displays the orders that the current customer has placed. The issue is that when I navigate from one customer to the next, the datagrid info does not change. What is the proper way to get the datagrid to populate with the current customers order information?

Now youre asking a question.. ;)

The DataRelation class exists in 2003 but the BindingSource class does not. As a consequence (BindingSource maintains knowledge of list position) the way you bind your dataviewing controls means there probably wont be anything in between to maintain knowledge of position and you'll have to do this yourself.

You can try this collection of links:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...,GGLG:2006-25,GGLG:en&q=ado.net+datarelations

Dont forget that you can move to VS2005X for free, and the upgrade pricing from 2003 is pretty good.. I know it's a bit of a drastic move, considering updating your IDE for the sake of one hurdle - it just depends how long you want to bang your head on one problem before it would have been cheaper to upgrade! :)

Back