Data Sources box keeps expanding - Annoying

SimplyMe

Programming Experience
10+
IDE question.

Many many times (but not all the time), when I expand the Solutions Explorer, then right click a form, the Data Sources box expands instead. When I expand the Solutions Explorer again and right click the desired form again, it is OK and I can choose to display either the code or forms design.
I find that if I click the form first, then right click it, it works properly, so it is a 2 step process. I am used to VS 2002 and that works properly so I keep forgetting to click the form first before right clicking it.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this situation or is this the new way of doing things and I have to live with it?

I'm pretty sure that it's just a bug. The Data Sources window is used fairly infrequently so you can just close it when not using it. You can show it any time by selecting Data -> Show Data Sources from the main menu or hitting Shift+Alt+D. There is a VS service pack on the way so hopefully that is fixed in there, although I doubt that it would be considered a priority.

Back