Custom Taskbar

idan_jl

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi!,

I'm trying to make an internet cafe system, I disabled the ctrl+alt+del, alt+tab, hide the desktop, taskbar, etc. Now that there is no taskbar when I open an app and minimize I can't turn it back on to a normal view, so I need a custom taskbar that acts like a windows taskbar... by the way I'm using vb.net not c#...:)

I am sure that you could create something in VB.NET that would mimic what exactly the taskbar does. All that it does is display shortcuts. You could easily create a custom taskbar control using winforms. It would be a combination of controls and may be very detailed depending on how professional and how closely similar you wanted it to look and feel. Other than that I do not know of any code that will do this simply. But if you put some work into it I am sure that you could closely mimic the behavior of the taskbar without too much of a headache.

I need help on how can I make a taskbar like control in vb.net that will hold minimize apps... or it will act as a container of minimized apps, if there's an OCX or Dll that will be good... Thanks Guys for replies...

Could you just check what process' are running and then checking if the window title is null or not to find the silent process' - have this on a timer......etc....

To use less CPU time and more memory - you could have events to check when each process has closed so there is less being done in the timer and you don't build the list each time.

Back