Question Crystal Reports License Error

NinaWilliam

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi there

I created a web application on VS.NET 2003 that generates reports using crystal reports v 10… it is working fine on other PCs, but in my PC I get this error every time I try to run the report…

"a crystal reports job failed because a free license could not be obtained in the time allocated. More licenses can be purchased direct from Crystal Decisions or through the Crystal Decisions Online store."

My Crystal Reports v10 is already registered and licensed

Any idea how to solve this issue??

Hi there,

I checked the DLLs files in C:\Windows\Assembly and find out it contains many versions of CR DLLs... I also, checked the .vbproj and web.config files to match the versions and key tokens... and it match... but this still didn't solve the problem

I am getting the same error every time I run a report in my application.

I uninstall CR10 and reinstall it again... but no use...

I cantact the CR Suppot in there website... and I didn't receive any reply from them

If you have any idea how to solve this error, please share

Hi There

After the frustration and being exhausted in searching for more than a month, I finally found a solution to my problem and I wanted to share it with you.

1- All what I had done I download the Crystal Reports 10 Service Pack 6 from here http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/communitycs/FilesAndUpdates/cr10win_en_sp6.zip
2- Then I install it.
3- After that I run the web application and generate a report

IT IS WORKING :) !!

I hope it helps ^__^

Back