Crystal Report View Page Position

dseydel

Programming Experience
10+
I have a VS .Net 2003 application using a Crystal Report Viewer where there is a wide margin to the left side of the displayed page. I set Viewer.DisplayGroupTree to False, so all that shows is the Main Report panel. Within that panel, the page has a wide margin to the left. The result is that the display window has to be extra-wide to show the whole page without scrolling.

I have done other viewer applications where this does not occur & I can't find any difference in the code or settings that would account for this margin.

Any help in getting rid of this margin would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don Seydel

group tree button

Mr Deseydel

What you have done for the problem is perfectly right. But with that you should also set viewer.showgouptreebutton to false. Then you will not see any margin on the left. Even if you dont set this property you can solve this at runtime. You have to just click on the group tree button as you have not set the viewer,s showgrouptreebutton property. The margin will disappear. You can toggle the grouptreebutton to make the margin on the left disappear and reappear. But better is you set the viewer.showgouptreebutton to false as you dont want margin to be displayed.

Thanks for your reply.

The problem I am having is within the Main Report Panel; toggling the Show Tree button creates a blank white space to the left of the Main Report Panel. But the problem I have is within the Main Report Panel. It's as if there was some sort of Alignment setting that was set to Align Right; the document is aligned to the right side of the open panel, leaving a wide (2") margin on the left side of the document.

Send screen shot if possible

You try this out. Set viewer.displaybackgroundedge property to false. Still if you are finding any problem just send me the screen shot of your rpt file.

gopal2006 - Thanks for your help!

I tried the DisplayBackgroundEdge property setting & it doesn't make any difference. I am posting a .gif of the image:

Attachments

• ScreenShot.gif
    ScreenShot.gif
    39.5 KB · Views: 68
Back