crystal report showing login dialog

PeymaniuM

Programming Experience
1-3
So what should I do with my error!!!???
Still showing Database Login Dialog when I want to run my Crystal Report Form in another machine!

Hey guys for the to avoid crystal report from showing login dialog box do i need to change any permission of my database file (.mdf) in files (folder view) properties!
Does this solve the problem! or I should change the permission from SQL server itself in Security folder of my database!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Database and Crystal Report

Hi
When our application wants to open a form which is embadded with Crystal Report By which SQL Server user it's going to login to our SQL Server Database!

I mean we have several defined users in for our database in SQL Server Mangement Studio!
Which one is being used by Crystal Report to log in to database and show the report!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends how you set it up. Crystal reports does not use it's own logon, otherwise if 2 users were using the app at the same time they both could not access the report with the same CrystalReport login. Generally, you set up the database logon to use the windows logon or a specifically defined SQL users logon. The logon to the database should be based on user/computer name. The logon will be different for each computer accessing the database, that's how you get security, by not allowing some computers to access the database.

Is that enough of an answer?

So why im having this kind of problem that it gives me Database Login Dialog when opening crystal report!

I asked some of my friends they told me you have to change the permisssion but which user i have to change its permission!?

Well i installed my application on another computer...everything works fine except when it wants to open crystal report form to view the form it gives my Database Login Dialog Box asking me to enter the UserId and Password for the database to connect to!
I dont know what to do!

I merged your two threads PeymaniuM regarding the same question, how about my first reply?

Back