Crystal Report Problem

michaelw

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I have data in an excel xls that i want to compare with data in a database using crystal reports when i make the report it tells me i need to set the database location and i am using more than one driver, any help will be great

crystal reports data

You could load the excel data into a temp dataset and push it along with the other dataset to the report.

Crystal reports also lets you select Project Data, so if both sets of data are in the project as datasets you should be able to access them from the report.

There is also the option of creating a subreport of the excel data and sharing the info with the main report in order to compare.

Hi david thanks for your suggestion i am trying to complete this task using your first idea i have now one dataset with the information i require then i create a xml file, i then drag the table i want from the databse and creat the link, i then create the report based on the xml schema but for some reason it will not display the data. i have one coloum in the excel file called urn and a table in sql sever called jobs that has urn and descption in it. i want a report where the urn in the excel file matches the one in jobs table and brings the desctiotion back.

Thanks for you help

Back