Crystal Report at Runtime.......

sohaib

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi Guys!!

I have already using Crystal Report Viewer in my application it is very fine working but the problem which im facing right now....

I just want to know that i want only one record without using Crystal Report Viewer Search Function...

I want that when i use Combo Box for selecting any particular record the record in a grid moved smoothly and i got that particular record...Can it b possible by using Crystal Report....

Why i m asking this thing....Actually i want any particualr record by using combo box selection and when the record appears in front of me in that report then it will print it by using Print option and Email Option as well...Can it b email to particular person in .doc format....

So any one who can give any good suggestion as soon as possible....

I m waiting u guz....

OK

Bye

dynamically, I want to create crystal report using xml file

hi,

plz let me know how to creat crystal report dynamically.

plz its very urgent

Hi!!

Can You define me wht do you mean by crystal report dynamically????

With Best Regards,

Bye

Hi shoheb, I dont want to use wizard. i want to bind XML file at runtime

Hi shoheb,

Thanks for reply me..

Here, I have to bind different XML file at runtime. I means XML file is not fixed . it can be "test.xml" or "try.xml" or any file which can i passed thru textbox .

and more i dont want to use wizard for bind xml file. ok
I hope now u will get my point.

Ok thanks in advance

sohaib said:
I want that when i use Combo Box for selecting any particular record the record in a grid moved smoothly and i got that particular record...Can it b possible by using Crystal Report....

Hi,

Can I check how you are sending the data to this report? I am using vb.net for my application and would be able to achieve what you need using code.

There are two ways that this could be achieved.

I believe there is a way to filter the information a report shows based on a selection formula. Now I haven't tried this so I do not know the syntax, but you could google for 'crystalreportviewer1.selectionformula'. You may be able to pass a string to the report and refresh it based on the combo box.

Another suggestions I guess would be to have a second dataset which is a filter of the first based on the combo box selection. You then need to bind this to the report dynamically using...

report.database.tables("YourTable").SetDataSource(DsYourDataSet.Tables("DSYourTable"))

I hope this helps with some ideas. There may be other better ways to do this.

Hi Shohaib, Ya I got it.

Hi shohaib,

Thanks for help...

I done it. now its working fine. do u know how to short or Filter record at runtime ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Jagdish Sakhiya

Hi Jagdish and others!!

I have problem which is little bit similar to you because at that time i want to make my report should work in runtime environment in such a manner whatever record i want it should be changed on the basis of combo box or any other tool...anywaz i found the selection formula from there few daz back and i already solved my problem i hope it will help u as well...so go through it....

Here is a link!!!!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crystlmn/html/crtskselectionformulasruntimecustomization.asp

I think so it will easily make up your mind in which way you want to see your report...I hope it will really helps you a lot...

ok

Bye

Hi Shohaib I tried for that link but i m getting error

Hi Shohaib,

Thanks,

Can u send me little bit code for that. so, I can understand easily.

Plz Help me it is very urgent.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Jagdish

Actually in my scenario, I m using two forms...when i click a button of first form... i will see the particular report of that particular client with his/her reference number..... Here is a code which i write on the click event of that button....

Dim
selectionFormula As String
selectionFormula = "{NewClientInfo.Reference#} = '" & ReferenceData.Text & "'"

frmReportDisplay.CrystalReportViewer1.SelectionFormula() = selectionFormula

frmReportDisplay.CrystalReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

* frmReportDisplay----------Form where CrystalReportViewer for view Crystal Report....

* ReferenceData----------- It can b combo box, text box or any other scenario by which u want to search within the report at runtime....

* NewClientInfo-------------It is a my table of "Clients" with using the particular field of Reference# for comparing or u can say for finding the particular record.....

This scenario can be adjustable to the same form....but in my scenario it should be other.....anywaz...i hope it will help u....

ok

Bye

Can we load specific page only in Crystal Report Viewer rather than filtering it out

:) Hi everyone,

Now I am writing the receipt part of a program loaded with crystal report.
Can we select a specific receipt to load in crystal report viewer instead filter it out after all pages are loaded?

Is it possible to do that? I can't find any solution after searching many articales.:confused:

Any suggestion would be helpful. Thank you so much.

Timothy Chan

Back