creating setup.exe in debug mode

vishalsethia

Programming Experience
Beginner
I wanted to deploy my appplication and so i created a setup project and added it to my solution.
Now when i wanna build my setup project, shld i build it in debug mode or release mode.

When i try to run my application using CTRL+F5, (ie) wihtout debugging it runs a lil faster than normal.

So i was wondering shld i change the mode to release or something else to make my application run faster, right now i am building it in debug mode.

Any thoughts ???

You should only build a debug version of your app for debugging purposes, i.e. for running in the IDE or to be able to open the IDE if something goes wrong. The debug exe contains additional code required by the debugger. When you are ready to deploy your app, ALWAYS build a release version and distribute that.

Jeam is absolutely right. what can I say except if you want to know more about deployment performance. Well, except this rule that u should always compile ur project as with release config for better performance also, i think you can set 'optimization' option through IDE -> project -> configuration properties > check Enable optimizations ... what will make your app a bit faster.

Cheers ;)

Back