Creating form in Visual Studio

DRandall

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am a beginner using VB, have used it before in creating forms in Excel, however, i am creating a form using VS 2019 using Visual Basic. I want to create a popup calendar using the MonthCalendar function within a from. User clicks button, Calendar "popsup", User selects date, date fills a Text Box. Please Help. Thanks....

Thanks jmcihinney, i saw that control, however i was hoping to keep the area that get's filled by the date clear until a date has been picked. I'll see if that function exists in DateTimePicker. Thanks Again.

Thanks Again, i have both items checked as True, both the ShowCheckBox Property, and Checked Property as True. This shows the Date with a checkbox now. What i created in Excel 2013 years ago was a Calendar that would "pop up" once i dbl.clicked on an action button i added to the form. Once the Calendar appears, the user selects the date from the calendar, then the date auto fills the text box.

VB.NET is not Excel, so things will not be exactly the same. That said, if you want to show a MonthCalendar when the user clicks a Button then go ahead. Add the controls, handle the appropriate event(s) and then call Show and Hide on the MonthCalendar as required.

Back