creating a dll

dilipreddi

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi

I have a fortran code(95) that i want to convert to dll and then call it from vb.net

I presently use visual studio 2005
How do i create a dll with the fortran code

In the main create new project page in the visual studio I do not find any

DLL template

Can u let me know the procedure of creating this dll
progress.gif
http://www.vbdotnetforums.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=58070

Use the "Class Library" Template.

hi

I have a fortran code(95) that i want to convert to dll and then call it from vb.net

I presently use visual studio 2005
How do i create a dll with the fortran code

In the main create new project page in the visual studio I do not find any

DLL template

Can u let me know the procedure of creating this dll
progress.gif

Are you aware, that you are asking a VB.NET forum how to create a DLL using Fortran?

Wouldnt you be better asking a fortran forum?

@cjard
see dude i basically work on vb.net and roght now i have a fortran code that performs certain function

all i wanted is to convert that fortran into dll so that i can use it in vb.net rather than converting tha code into vb.net

so i jus wanted to find the procedure to find out the creation of a dll in vb.net rather than specifically a fortran code , the code to be converted to dll might not only be fortran

the procedure is same for the conversion to dll's in the vb.net environment so that it is made compatible with vb.net

@ martin vista

Thank you martin

I thought of that but in visual studio 2005 in the main create project there is no such template under vb.net

does this depend on the verson i use

@dilipeddi

you can't take Fortran code and use it in vb.net like that, you should ask on a Fortran forum how to convert the Fortran code to a dll, then once it's a dll you can ask us here how to use that dll in your vb.net application

bottom line:
when you make a vb.net dll you cant put in Fortran code, vb doesn't know how to interpret Fortran

@cjard
see dude i basically work on vb.net and roght now i have a fortran code that performs certain function

all i wanted is to convert that fortran into dll

Yes, which is what you will have to do in fortran. What are you expecting to do.. open a VB.NET dll template, paste all your fortran code into it and compile it?

so that i can use it in vb.net rather than converting tha code into vb.net
Do yourself a maintenance favour, and convert it

so i jus wanted to find the procedure to find out the creation of a dll in vb.net
"I wanted to learn how an aeroplane works, so I took my car driving test"

???

the procedure is same for the conversion to dll's in the vb.net environment so that it is made compatible with vb.net
I will guarantee you, whatever hoops you have to jump through to make a DLL in fortran will be nothing like those needed to be performed in VB. Learning the VB way (which isnt exectly rocket science; choose the DLL template, write some code and compile it) will do nothing to help you with the fortran way..

Back