Question create an online community?

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi all, my name is Terry Wingfield and im 25. I am currently studying ASP.NET 3.5 in VB and finding it slightly difficult.

I'm almost to the point of creating my first major project.

I have to create an online community (Forums) and finding it hard as where to start, i know Forums include a DataSource which i have a good knowledge of SQL EXPRESS.

im not here to beg for answers else i will not learn anything, but rather here to find some guidelines and where to start. i have 6-12 months to put my heart into this project.

when creating my DB for the Forums, what really should the tables include, apart from topics, threads etc....

hopefully one day i can become a professional web developer...

Thanks In Advance

Terry Wingfield

As kulrom has pointed take a look over there. I remember seeing a forum starter kit over there. You will have the whole code which you can refer and modify. Also try at codeplex.com as well. I am sure you will find something.

Thank you, i will take another look. its very difficult to learn how to build an online community, when your just learning the basics but i will get there.

Thank you again.

any more guidline would be greatfull.

Hey guys,

I would like to say reading back the previous messages, i sound very confusing. I think i messed up my age though :)

To anyone reading this, i managed to implement a simple shopping cart, product cataloge and a simple forum system. A little bit more educated and abit more daring.

I finally finished my project, and it was very long winded, learning from scratch, but i did it.

DigitDotNet: Bespoke affordable web development and design services.

I now know the basics and thinking about creating some tutorials on the basics from beginner to beginner, the tutorials will be fully functional and in VB, but easily converted to C#
If you all are interested in me implementing these, please Facebook me @ Tez Wingfield or Facebook @ DigitDotNet

Back