Create a database

Chris11

Programming Experience
1-3
I want to make a database for my program to store information about users. I nneed to be able to add and change the information.

But I have idea how to do this, and I have never created a database before... :confused:

Hello.

You should ask yourself what options you have at hand:
* Use a real database like MySQL, Firebird or similar. (yes, I missed MSSQL on that one...)
* Use a not so real database like Access or Base.
* Use a plain text/datafile.

If you're application will span more than one workstation with a central server, I'd suggest to think about using a real database on that server.

Bobby

Neither of which integrates particularly well with Visual Studio. Recommend Oracle or SqlServer to newbies next time!
:)

I tried to concentrate on free databases, since I never know to who I suggest here something (private or business or anything else).

Though, you are right...those do easily integrate into Visual Studio.

Bobby

Oracle is free for personal use, OracleXE is free for all but limited
SqlServer has an express edition that is free for all but limited

Well I need it to be available on the internet, so users can change the information within the program and it to be sent to the database and saved. This will work the same on the internet, users will be able to logon and change the information. This will then be automacticly updated for all users.

But sigh.... I have no idea how I can do this.... I know nothing about databases. Nor do I know how to use them in visual basic, or how to program them on the web.

Back