Copying a Directory Structure from FTP

klown

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello all

I am currently working on a little app that is supposed to copy files and directories from an ftp server. I already have the code for connecting to the server, as well as how to send it messages. The problem is that I do not know how to make it copy a folder, and all of the files and sub-folders under it, into a destination on my local machine. I know that I can get a list of subidrectories from the server and us that to create the folder structure in my code, but I would prefer a method that does it automatically. Any help you guys can give would be great.

Thank you in advance.

it's possible to do that, but what you'd basically have to do is have the app find out the folders on the ftp server, then using the Directory object create a folder on the local system matching the ftp server. then you'd have to have it loop through each folder copying all the files (and checking to see if there are sub folders) yea, i know pazst has posted a sub on here that searched a locale system doing just that, perhaps he could help you do it through ftp

Ok

How about this?

I have my app made, however performance is a big issue when trying to download files from a remote server. Does anyone have an tips for em on how to improve this?

I am vb.net newbie.Did u solve the get the files from directory of ftp server?

Because i now also doing a project about copying directory and files from remote server to the local directory.

If u solved it already,can u send me your code or the solution?

Thanks very much.

Back