Question convertion of ms excel 2007 into ms access db

sai87

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi all,

i am new to vb.net programming i am trying to export an excel worksheet into access database with vb.net i didn't have any code if u have any resources of code or any idea how should i implement this please help me out.

Is this something that you're going to be doing frequently or are you only doing this once?

If you're only doing this once or a couple times then maybe this link could be of use to you.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052008521033.aspx

Although if you want to do it more than a few times then we'll come up with some code for you :D

UPDATE:
Well I thought that I would provide a link to where you can find an example of importing data from Excel into Access through VB.Net.
Import data from Excel to Access using ADO.Net

Last edited:
export data from ms excel to ms access through vb.net

hi all,

i am new to vb.net i am trying to export data from ms excel to ms access through vb.net and i am using code below its not working and saying output as msgbox "Import Failed, correct Column name in the sheet!" i didnt get this please try to help me out.it is creating ms access file but with out any data.
my code is:
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim _accessData As Access.Application
_accessData = New Access.ApplicationClass()
_accessData.Visible = False
_accessData.NewCurrentDatabase("C:\Book.accdb")
_accessData.CloseCurrentDatabase()
_accessData.Quit(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.AcQuitOption.acQuitSaveAll)
_accessData = Nothing
Dim _filename As String = "C:\Book.xlsx"
Dim _conn As String
_conn = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" & "Data Source=" & _filename & ";" & "Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;"
Dim _connection As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection(_conn)
Dim _command As OleDbCommand = New OleDbCommand()
_command.Connection = _connection
Try
_command.CommandText = "SELECT * INTO [MS Access;Database=C:\Book.accdb].[Sheet1] FROM [Sheet1$]"
_connection.Open()
_command.ExecuteNonQuery()
_connection.Close()
MessageBox.Show("The import is complete!")
Catch e1 As Exception
MessageBox.Show("Import Failed, correct Column name in the sheet!")
End Try
End Sub

Export data from ms excel to ms access using vb.net

hi all,
i am new to vb.net programming and i am trying to export data from excel to ms access through vb.net. can u please help me out reg: any resources or any ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the third time you have asked this question.
The first time you asked the question I answered, please look at that thread. If there is something you don't understand in that thread then post your questions about my answer in that thread.

Your original question

UPDATE:
Please note when this was posted the OP had three separate threads, which JohnH has now merged into one

Last edited:
error: 'FillAccessDatabase' is not declared.

hi all,
thanks i am using the same code u guided me i am writing code in vb windows form i am getting error as :
'FillAccessDatabase' is not declared.
please try to help me out.
i have added all references also and my code is :
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim _accessData As Access.Application
_accessData = New Access.ApplicationClass()
_accessData.Visible = False
_accessData.NewCurrentDatabase("C:\Book.mdb")
_accessData.CloseCurrentDatabase()
_accessData.Quit(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.AcQuitOption.acQuitSaveAll)
_accessData = Nothing
Dim filename As String = "C:\Book.xls"
Dim _connection As OleDbConnection = MakeExcelConnection(filename)

FillAccessDatabase(_connection)
Dim _command As OleDbCommand = New OleDbCommand()
_command.Connection = _connection
Try
_command.CommandText = "SELECT * INTO [MS Access;Database=C:\Book.mdb].[Sheet1] FROM [Sheet1$]"
_connection.Open()
_command.ExecuteNonQuery()
_connection.Close()
MessageBox.Show("The import is complete!")
Catch e1 As Exception
MessageBox.Show("Import Failed, correct Column name in the sheet!")
End Try
End Sub

Private Shared Function MakeExcelConnection(ByVal fileName As String) As OleDbConnection
Dim _conn As String
_conn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & "Data Source=" & fileName & ";" & "Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;"
Dim _connection As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection(_conn)
Return _connection
End Function

Please when you post code use the code tags as its painful to try and read your code otherwise.

Well I can see that you call "FillAccessDatabase" but I don't see that function declared anywhere, can you provide the code (in code tags) that you have for that function?

Please when you post code use the code tags as its painful to try and read your code otherwise.

Well I can see that you call "FillAccessDatabase" but I don't see that function declared anywhere, can you provide the code (in code tags) that you have for that function?

how should i declare this "FillAccessDatabase" function in my code please try to help i was bit confused,

Ow dear the code I linked you to seems to have the problem that it doesn't contain all the code it references.
To be honest I can't see what that function would do, try commenting it out and see if it works, if it doesn't let me know and I'll see if I can find you another example piece of code.

reply: function FillAccessDatabase

Ow dear the code I linked you to seems to have the problem that it doesn't contain all the code it references.
To be honest I can't see what that function would do, try commenting it out and see if it works, if it doesn't let me know and I'll see if I can find you another example piece of code.

thanks
i tried commenting it out and it does not work there is function call but function was not declared in the code. some code might be missing in this i am trying it to declare on my own but didn't work. so please try to help me out with some other code.

Back