Convert .Net code to VB 6 code

blo0dyxlies

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have an application that I need to run without installing the .Net Framework. I heard somewhere that there is a way to convert .Net code to VB 6, Which only requires one file to run and it is compiled with the application. Please help, I can't program in VB 6, I only know .Net. Is this conversion even possible and if so, Where and how can I do it? Thank you for your help.

There's nothing to do it automaticaly, it would have to be done by hand.

Also, while VB6 does require other files, they are not compiled with the application. The extra files (more than likely the VB6 runtime files) still need to be installed on the target machine (although most already have it by now.)

Is there a reason you're against installing the .NET Framework?

Tg

There isn't a way that I know of. You CAN convert VB6 code to VB.NET code, sorta. Maybe that's what you were thinking of.

If this program is for deployment purposes there are installer-maker programs that can check to see if the .NET framework is installed before continuing. Astrum is one installer-maker that I know of with this capability.

I want the application to run on many other computers, ones that I do not choose, some of these may not already have the framework. Is there a way to make a .Net application run without framework? If so, How? How would I convert to VB 6 if I do not know how to program in VB 6.

THere is no way to make a .NET application run w/o the .NET framework.... You have a couple of choices:
1) Learn VB6 and convert it your self
2) Hire some one else to do it for you.
3) You can include the framework as part of your install.
4) Include a "bootstrapper" as part of your install that runs before your app does. It can detect the if the user has the framework or not, and if not, tells the user where they can get it from
5) You simply make it a requirement of the application and provide a link to MS where the frame work can be downloaded.

Tg

Back