convert dataset???

allan

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi guys!!
i'm new in vb.net i think some of you can answer my simple question..
how can i convert my dataset into a dbf file. can you give me some reference or tutorials that could help me..

You don't convert a DataSet to a DBF file. If you have a DBF file then you can manipulate it with ADO.NET, which includes adding tables, inserting records, etc. if you don't have a DBF file to start with then you may be able to use ADOX to create one. I know that you can create an Access MDB file using ADOX, so you may be able to do the same with an MDF file. No guarantees though. You should do some reading on ADO.NET to get an idea of how .NET applications interact with data sources. There a a number of tutorials in my signature. If you need to use ADOX then you should search MSDN for information, but it won't be pretty. Note also that www.connectionstrings.com will give you the correct format to use for a connection string for MDF files. I suggest that you use OleDb.

The simplest thing to do if you need to shift the contents of a DataSet is to use XML. You call WriteXml to serialise the contents of a DataSet and ReadXml to load the file back into a Dataset object.

Back