Convert Access table to SQL

picoflop

Programming Experience
5-10
Yes, I know, you can upsize Access directly to MSSQL, but ...

A customer of mine (mobile app) uses a "kind of" homebuilt ERP software that basically is a very large (several large) Access mdb. Over the last 10 years or so, this app (Access forms etc) has been grown bigger and bigger and now they seem to have reached a point where everything simply works to slow.
Since they lately bought a brand new server with quite some power, I suggested to migrate to SQL and only have linked tables in the Access app (I assume that this would at least give SOME performance boost).

There are several reasons why the upsizing wizard is not an option, so I am looking for a tool (or piece of code or whatever) that would allow to take single access table as input and create a valid "CREATE TABLE" statement for it - preferebly not limited to MS SQL, but maybe supporting MySQL or PGSQL too. Data synching aber creating would be a nice option too.

Anybody knows about something that could help?

Erm.. Your brain? It's a one shot thing.. Though creating an app would be relatively simple too

Tell me; why is the upsizing wizard no good for this?

Or are you looking for some package like:
Convert Access to Oracle (i know it says Oracle but thing is googling for Access TO SQL brings the upsizing wizard all the time. THis package can do multiple source to multiple dest dbs)

Back