Question Constant busy icon on some forms?

Alan1976

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi, all.

Im a novice programmer just learning VB .NET 4, I have some basic knowledge of programming but no expert.

My question, I building i simple program that interacts with a small .mdb database file.

I've been adding several forms to my application but now all of a sudden on the main form, I'm getting a constant busy icon "blue circle". Also this happens on one other form when the cursor is on any open space of the form, but returns to an arrow when over any button or text box.

The main form has no real code whatsoever, its basically just a toolstripmenu and the only code is several tool strip buttons like the one below

Private Sub CompanysToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CompanysToolStripMenuItem.Click
Dim SecondForm As New ListComp

SecondForm.Show()
End Sub

So i cant understand why im getting a constant annoying busy icon, the application works fine with no errors??

Like i said im pretty new so any pointers or things to look out for would be great.

Thanks in advance Alan.

Last edited:
I guess no one has the answer, or the time to help me find what could be a tricky little programming error.

Alternatively is there anyway of disabling the busy/hourglass icon altogether in VB.NET??

Thank Alan.

Back