Console Array Problems

sothardw

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi everyone, I am VERY green to VB.net programming. I am working on a project and I am absolutly stuck!!! I am trying to create a simple command console program utilizing 1-dimensional arrays. I need to be able to input the number of workers that I have, then from there I need to put in what their base salary is and have that number go through a 200 + (.09(salary)). It then needs to use a 1-dimensional array counter to show me how many of my employees fall into certain pay catagories. I need the console to show the salary ranges and then show how many people fall into those catagories.

I have no clue how to build the array and be able to input data when I run the program. I am able to put the data into the program and run it, but I need to be able to have others use the program without messing with the code.:confused:

All help is greatly appreciated and very needed! Thank you everyone!

Wes S.

A console application sounds as a bad call for an application that needs such a rich user interface. Go for a windows application instead, add controls to add/find/remove employees, controls to display/change salary for one employee, and controls to select/display categories and statistics.

I could do that, but I do not know how to setup the buttons and labels up to interact with the array that I need to use. Any ideas?

Back