Console Application missing!

Morphboy

Programming Experience
Beginner
Ok guys, I am new here as you all can see, and I have a burning desire to find the answer for this particular question I have.

How do I find the 'Console Application' project template? I can't find it anywhere! I click "New Project" and I see other stuff like "Windows Template" and such but no damn "Console Application"! When Im in school it's there, when I look at home it's not! Please help me. :(

A quick search on MSDN found these articles:

Visual Studio Templates
How to: Locate and Organize Project and Item Templates

The second articles shows where the project templates will be installed:
<VisualStudioInstallDir>\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\Language\Locale\

For example, the following directory contains all of the Visual Studio project templates for English:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\VisualBasic\1033\

if you are using VB.NET 2005 Express:
<VisualStudioInstallDir>\Common7\IDE\VBExpress\ProjectTemplates\Language\Locale\

For example, the following directory contains all of the Visual Studio project templates for English:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\VBExpress\ProjectTemplates\VisualBasic\1033\

If a compressed file that includes a .vstemplate file exists in these locations, a template will appear in the New Project or Add New Item dialog boxes as appropriate. In your case look for ConsoleApplication.zip. If it's not there, try reinstalling.

Back