Concurrency Error

stevecking

Programming Experience
5-10
I'm working to resolve a concurrency error. My correction works with one major exception. If the answer is yes then a stored procedure updates the record. If the answer is no then I reject changes but the Me.Refresh I attempted does not refresh the DataSet I'm using for the form. I update the database whenever I move to another record, close the form, of press save. After answering no I am unable to change any data ever after changing data in the textboxes, which should again set the row to modified. Is there a means of refreshing the DataSet and therefore the controls on the form with the current value of data in the database? The SaveLruAnyway sub uses a stored procedure to update the data and rejectchanges simply throws away any changes for the record because they have already been updated by the stored procedure.

VB.NET:
            If Message.AskYesNoQuestion(customErrorMessage.ToString, "Save your changes?", "Concurrency Error") = vbYes Then
                Call SaveLruAnyway()
                Me.PprSQLDataSet.RejectChanges()
            Else
                Me.PprSQLDataSet.RejectChanges()
                Me.Refresh()
            End If

Last edited by a moderator:
Refresh() does NOT download data from the database again, it merely causes the form to repaint itself..

If you want to download data again, then download it again (like you did the first time, with FillByXXX probably)

Back