Compiler Builds Something Different?

XL Jedi

Programming Experience
10+
It's like me and the compiler are working on two different projects... :(

I run my code with the "play" (debug) button in the IDE and it's working as expected.

I click the "Build" button and in the /Bin/Release/ directory for the project it creates a new .exe and associated files. I run the .exe from its location and some of my changes are there, some aren't? :eek:

What's up with that? :confused:

'Build' will make what active solution configuration is set to, in Configuration Manager you can set mode to default Debug or Release and also choose what projects to build when these are invoked. The active mode is also visible in Project Properties, Debug+Compile tab. You can only see these options when "show advanced build configurations" is enabled in Options (Projects and Solutions category).

I don't believe this... :eek:

I figured out what was going on.

I actually had a Double variable that evaluated to zero and allowed my code to work fine in the IDE Debug environment. However, when it compiled it no longer evaluated to zero and caused a chunk of my code to fail! Can you believe that?

I was able to fix it by using the System.Math.Round function so the compiled code worked like the debug code.

That's just great... :(

It would be interesting to see the code

At the moment I'm beyond that problem, however when I finish my project in the next week or so I'm gonna revisit that one and make an attempt to isolate it.

I'm interested in reviewing it further myself just to make sure I don't run into that problem again in the future.

Back