ComboBox values

dpatfield66

Programming Experience
5-10
Ok, here's a good one.

I've got a combobox and it's <DropDownStyle> is set to "DropDown"
I've also bound this combobox to a dataview in my OBLookup Table.

Now, it works fine, except when there's an exising value in my SQL table that's not in the lookup list of values that this box is bound to.

A user could type in anything and it would get saved (because of the "Dropdown" Style), but the data transfering over gets lost and replaced by the first value in the lookup dataview.

Example:

My values are red;blue;green

If a datavalue is greenn instead of green, for example, the combobox will get populated with the value red.
I could have SWORN it was working before (where greenn came over, but just didn't get a highlited value in the lookup list)

I need it to do that, because I'm in the clinical industry and values that were entered historically need to stay when a user opens up the forms. Even though it would be better to correct the word, you never know when the value might be a value that was used a long time ago, but no longer available in the lookup list (because it's been deleted).

Can anyone suggest what I can do to get these "non-list" values to migrate over, without creating extra text fields, and such (I've got a LOT of combo boxes!!):confused:

Back