Combobox fill on Keypress

jmancuso

Programming Experience
1-3
I'm trying to populate a combo box on keypress. Basically, when the user begins typing in something the results of the combo box will autofill with the closest match.

For example if the user types in 'S' the remainder of the world from my data source populates such as 'S' + 'ail'. If the user types in a second letter that offers a closer match such as 'Sh' the reaminder is populated with 'Sh' + 'ip'.

I think there are probably fairly easy functions out there, just not sure how to search for them.

Thanks for any help.

i made this in vb.net 2003 here's the solution to the autocompletecbo user control it's based on the items stored in it's Item's collection

jmancuso said:
I'm trying to populate a combo box on keypress. Basically, when the user begins typing in something the results of the combo box will autofill with the closest match.

For example if the user types in 'S' the remainder of the world from my data source populates such as 'S' + 'ail'. If the user types in a second letter that offers a closer match such as 'Sh' the reaminder is populated with 'Sh' + 'ip'.

I think there are probably fairly easy functions out there, just not sure how to search for them.

Thanks for any help.

Well, can you explain from closer your idea ... are you retrieving something from DB and want to display only items that have satisfied the condition?

Cheers ;)

Back