College Student File Path Problem

Terajin

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey, I'm a student at college trying to do a program for my coursework. I've copied my work from the folder on my school network to a memory stick in order to do work at home on it. Afterwards i have found that the program has changed the file path of the main form that i was working to my E:\ , which is my memory stick, but to the wrong area. The memory stick is no longer an option so i was wondering how i could edit the program, as it seems i am not able to change the file path of my form back. The folders are still on the computer network and i can find them manually, even opening the .exe file that opens it up, but i am unable to import it or open it in Design mode. Any help please?

Also i apologise if i have posted this in the wrong area, i am still very new at this.

when browsing the directory in windows explorer for the folder with your solution file (.sln), open up the sln file using *notepad*. You can change the file paths manually but you might need to search down through the file a bit before you see the entry for your main form.

I have a large number of projects made with Visual Studio 2003, 2005 and 2008, and none of them uses absolute paths, all paths in solution and projects are relative. So I have no idea why or how you got absolute paths into yours. But as mentioned the .sln and .vbproj files is what ties it together and these are plain text files that can be edited with Notepad.

i've done that and now the file path seems to be fixed... except now it's been changed to a custom tool. I fixed the path by editing the .vbproj file by everything seems to be there, but i've just noticed that the .sln file doesn't seem to be there. Everything else i'm fairly sure is there.

That's okay, but i can't open the file up in Visual Basic. When i open up Visual Basic the code is already opened up but i can't open up the design view. It seems to have changed the nature of the file and in the properties it no longer shows the headings Build Action and Copy to Output Directory.

Back