Code executes after deleting it

brechtjah

Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm having trouble with a piece of code in my program:

If intUur = 0 And loadAtHourZero = False Then
LoadScreen.Show()
dteDatumAanpassing = dteDatumAanpassing.AddDays(1)
loadAtHourZero = True
End If

to test something I put
messagebox.show(dteDatumAanpassing) between that piece of code to look if it was changing or not at 0:00. Anyway, I deleted it. But now it is still showing (the messagebox), I deleted that line of code and when I execute my program and the hour is 0:00 I get that messagebox. I tried rebuilding, restarting, but nothing helps.
What is the issue here?

It could be that you still have build errors which means when you "build" the program it's actually running the last successful build which is the one that has the messagebox call in it.

If I type complete nonsense the same build gets executed, I don't get any errors: "Do you want to run from previous build?"... I don't get that window.
It's like it doesn't get build, it doesn't get saved...
EDIT: if I add buttons they don't come up also, please someone help!

Last edited:
delete your bin folder, this will force your 'exe's to be recreated.

Tried it, didn't work :(
Is there some kind of setting that switches of your building or something I don't know any settings that have to do with building the project? Maybe I did something wrong there... Accidentaly switched it on/off or something...
Thanks for all the replies already though

How are you launching? F5?

You have to delete both Bin and Obj folders if the compiler cache files have locked up. Close Studio, delete folders, restart Studio.

Back