Closing threads or marking as resolved

Neal said:
I set the system to allow indefinite edits now.
Thanks Neal. I've changed my signature to ask people to add the word [RESOLVED] and change the icon to thumbs up. I would encourage others to do the same.

jmcilhinney said:
Thanks Neal. I've changed my signature to ask people to add the word [RESOLVED] and change the icon to thumbs up. I would encourage others to do the same.

i know i dont play much of a big role around here, but i'll set my sig to the same thing to help with the encouragement

kulrom said:
I'm with you guys but only if Neal allow us to have signature longer than 255 characters :p ... Cheers ;)

You've got 500 now. I'll keep an eye on signatures, if they go in the wrong direction, I'll have to set them back to 255. Be smart about your signatures! :)

Neal,

I've not seen any acknowledgement of my previous post so I'm going to assume that you either overlooked it or didn't realise its significance. People have been taking our advice and editing their original post when their issue has been resolved. I have seen several threads where the original post's title has been edited and the icon changed, but when I view the thread listing for that section the threads still show their old title and icon. Take this thread for example. My thinking was that you would be able to see from the thread listings which threads have been resolved. I know this is possible because I've seen it elsewhere.

I reported this alledged "bug" to vBulletin a few months ago. I edited subject lines that were not related to the content, i.e. "Help" and noticed the same issue. I can only report these things to vBulletin, whether or not they get fixed is another issue.

Back