Resolved ClassicXP/win98 style GUI on Vista, why?

papa_k

Programming Experience
1-3
Oddly, my application has "picked up" the old style button design. In Vista the buttons have a slight shadow / 3d effect, however, my application appears not be using the default style and instead applying the older XP, Win98 typ appearance.

Can anyone think what it is that the applicaiton has imported / specified that would cause this to occur.

At first it didnt bother me, however, not its annoying and rather than rip all my code out and apply it to a new project, i would prefer to remove the offending code call.

Its a long shot, but i thought i would see if anyone here knew what might be causing it?

We'd need to know more about what's going on with your program to even beginning offering suggestions.

Does this problem occur in other projects? If you create a new project, add a button to it and run it, does the win98 look show?

the new projects i create do not have this issue. The are correctly presented on the screen.

I truely suspect there is a legacy import. I'll post the imports when i get home and see if they help anyone.

I cant for the life of me remember if this was originally created in vs 2005 express or vs standard 08.

Would that make any diffrenece? I'll try and get more details, else its just speculation.

Papa

The "newer" style is "XP visual styles" enabled, see in project properties Application tab if application framework and visual styles is checked.

Back