Changing the MonthCalendar size

pachjo

Programming Experience
10+
Hi, is it possible to change the size of the MonthCalendar to say double its standard size and still only display a single month?

When I resize using clientsize, width and height the multiple months are displayed?

Thanks

This doesn't work in .Net 3.5 (VS2008) if you care to know.

Another good tip :)

Since you did point this out, I tested on the few versions and pc's I have here.

I tested on two PC's, although multiple versions of the .Net framework are installed on both up to and including 3.5 framework, its hard to indicate on the vb end if its actually using the most recent framework or not.

PC1, VB 2003
Changing font size works to enlarge monthcalendar size.

PC2, VB 2005
Changing font size works to enlarge monthcalendar size.

I dont have VB 2008 yet (on order now) to confirm.

I tested on two PC's, although multiple versions of the .Net framework are installed on both up to and including 3.5 framework, its hard to indicate on the vb end if its actually using the most recent framework or not.
VS2003 compiles for .Net 1.1, VS2005 for .Net 2.0, in VS2008 you can choose to target .Net 3.5, 3.0 or 2.0. The framework compiled for is used, but special exceptions exist when target framework doesn't exist in end user system. Since .Net 3.0 and 3.5 are extension libraries that adds to the required .Net 2.0 some parts will use the same 2.0 libraries still. For example the System.Windows.Forms.dll where MonthCalendar belongs has no changes in later versions, the .Net 2.0 library is used also in VS2008. Weird huh? Wiki has currently this nice image that show the Framework parts and versions.

This is good to know!

Any idea why this functionality was removed and if it has been replaced with another way of achieving the same result?

I've now come to the conclusion it was Vista that was causing this problem, not the VB/Framework versions.

Back