Change the displayed text / Langauge

Gopher2011

Programming Experience
10+
Thanks for your help so far guys.

I now need to have a drop down menu with different languages in it.
English, French German Asian etc.

When the user selects a Language from the drop down menu the text of all the relevant objects changes from like a Button with pause on it in English changes to a button with 'Pausar' on in Spanish.

I have found some partial topics but none on this website so if any of you have advice. I have looked about on google but nothings come up with what I am after.

If anyone knows of any links please do paste them here but please don't waste to much of your time for me.

Kind regards.

The best solution I have seen (and replicated) is to have a database table, with languages as Fields. Each record has the English primary description, and then all the translated versions under the relevant language Field. When you change language, you simply run a query to get the translation. You could also do this quite happily with an XML file. Keeping them separate to the program means you can easily add different languages at any time without needing to recompile your program.

If you dont have that many different languages / translations, you could alternatively store them in Settings.

Back