CDO.Message

alvinblim

Programming Experience
3-5
I have face some cdo.message(fail to connect to the server) in my email system. Do any one have experience on it, please help me. thank you.

help!

hey everyone -

i have a pretty big problem here... i haven't changed anything in the way of how email is sent from my site for a while. my code works, i have a valid [to] and [from] address. however, as of like a week ago, i have started to receive the "cannot create CDO object" error message, and I have no idea why. my site is being hosted elsewhere by a hosting service, so i don't really have control over the server. i can still send and receive emails using email clients, so the email server isn't down, but now we are crippled in the respect that we can't send confirmation emails and the like when something happens on the site (ie, when someone orders something!)

PLEASE help...thanks!

Jason

error:
The following exception occurred: System.Web.HttpException: Could not create 'CDO.Message' object. at System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.get_LateBoundType() at System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message

edelman, if you'd read this thread you would know what to do and what to post here if that didn't already answer your question. Inspect/post the InnerException(s), see code box post 4.

John H -

Thanks for your reply. I did, in fact, read this thread, and did, in fact, check the inner exceptions, of which there are none. The reason why I posted is because I am still having problems. Thanks.

Jason

At the risk of sounding rude, shouldnt you be asking the host of your website?

Things dont just break. They are hosting it and if none of your guys have changed anything then they must have..

did, in fact, check the inner exceptions
At the risk of sounding quarrelsome, I would say this was the most important info you could have posted, which you didn't, same as most people that post about CDO don't know that here usually lies the solution/explanation.

Are you sure you have iterated all inner of inner of inner exceptions until reached Nothing, and not just the first layer? There may be many exception layers for this object before usable error information reveals.

Back