Can't get a range of pages to print

Eric Carr

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi. I'm embarrased that I'm having so much trouble with something so simple, but here it goes.

In my code I have a PrintDialog that allows the user to select a page range to print (the AllowSomePages property is set to true), but when a range is selected (ex: pages 2-3) in the dialog it still print all the pages in the document. I've been following the API documentation as well as articles/tutorials online but I still can't get it to work. Multiple copies print fine. Print to File works fine. Just the page range doesn't work.

I've tried manually setting the ToPage and FromPage members in the PrintDocument's PrinterSettings and DefaultPrinterSettings members as well as in the PrintDialog's PrinterSettings member. I've also set the MinimumPages and MaximumPages in each one with no success.

Here's some test code I've been trying to solve the problem with (...well the latest version anyway). The code is on a WinForm with one button (Button2). I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help at solving my problem would be very appreciated.

VB.NET:
    Public PageCount As Integer
    WithEvents Doc As New PrintDocument

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click

Dim Diag As New PrintDialog

Diag.Document = Doc

Diag.AllowSomePages = True
	Diag.PrinterSettings.MinimumPage = 1
	Diag.PrinterSettings.MaximumPage = 3
	Diag.PrinterSettings.FromPage = 1
	Diag.PrinterSettings.ToPage = 3

If Diag.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK Then
		PageCount = 1
		Doc.Print()
	End If
    End Sub

Private Sub PrintPage(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Drawing.Printing.PrintPageEventArgs) Handles Doc.PrintPage

Dim f As New Font(FontFamily.GenericSerif, 18, FontStyle.Regular)
	e.Graphics.DrawString("Page #" & PageCount, f, Brushes.Black, 10, 10)

PageCount += 1
	If PageCount <= 3 Then
		e.HasMorePages = True
	End If

End Sub

Nevermind, I've solved the problem. I was under the impression that the .NET framework would automatically print only the pages in the range. I'll have to write code to print only the selected pages.

Back