Can't Edit GUI After Saving and Closing Project?

highflight1985

Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm designing a program for my PDA and worked out the GUI last night before bed. I saved the project, "debugged" it on the emulator and my PDA (just to see how it would look), and since I was happy with it, shut down the computer for the night.

This morning, I fired up the computer and tried opening up the project to continue working on it. It seems, however, that I can only get the code view. I can still "debug" it and the form will show correctly on the emulator and on my device, but I can't see it on the screen without running it. I added a form to the project just to see if I can see the design view for it, and I can, but not for the original form I made last night.

I'm new to the Visual Studio .NET line of products; last version I used was VB6, and that was a long time ago. So, this may seem a little rediculous, but I'm a newbie to this. Any help would be appreciated.

In VS2003 this happens to me and i either have to do one of the following:
1. Rebuild the Project/Solution
2. For each form that is not showing code change the build action of the form from Compile to None, and then back to Compile again
3. At the top of the code Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form remove the last few letters and retype them

Software updates are always a good try for such issues. I know VS2003 SP1 fixed several of those.

Service Pack 1 for all versions of VS2005 is available here.

Back