cannot find "Web Browser Control"

pdk

Programming Experience
Beginner
I cannot find web browser control in customize toolbox ->com components.I cannot figure out whats wrong here.I need some help if you know how to solve this.I tried add reference ->microsoft.mshtml but nothing happend.Pls help!

If the 'Microsoft Web Browser' is not listed in the Customize Toolbox under the COM components tab, you can add it by clicking the Browse button in the lower right corner. The file you're looking for is named shdocvw.dll and is located in the System32 folder (if Internet Explorer is installed; an example path would be c:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll).

oh yes i forgot to tell you that i have already done that with no success at all.Anyway i installed msvs to another computer (with ms xp pro) and i made my basic form there with the browser control.I copied the files into my computer and now i have the browser control in my form but not in toolbox.Anyway its working and i can continue my work.Its not the easiest way but what can i do about it.If anyone had the same problem please answer because i am still eager to know what the hell is going on.
Also i want some advice on showing the user when he is online and when he is not.
I found a function on karl's moore "vbcode book".The idea behind this function is to send a web request in a site like google and it return's true if the we got a responce from there.In other word's,true is online ,false is offline.
The problem is how many times to check for internet connection.Its sure that i will place a check when my form load's.But what if the connection terminates when my program is running?I made a timer 5 sec interval but i dont know if this is the best way to do it because memory may complain about this.Its a web browser after all its not supposed to be a heavy programm isnt it?Thanx a lot for your answers and i am waiting for new ideas.Sorry for my bad english anyway.

Back