Can i make dataset as a database

vishwa_j

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi
Iam working for a project that aims at removing the sql server, which acts as an intermediate data source just for the sake of formatting the data.
My question is if I have a data set instead of sql server, will i be able to use the dataset as a datasource (database)?
Will i be able to use a data adapter to point to the dataset to run DML commands and select command? I know this sounds crazy but i spent a whole day on this but i could not figure out a way to achieve this.
Please help me in this regard.
You help is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Please specify more accurately the problem you are hoping to solve. SQL server is an intermediary, but between what?

Please specify more accurately the problem you are hoping to solve. SQL server is an intermediary, but between what?

Sql server is a temporary database that is being used for doing intermediate calculations. The sql server gets its data through multiple arrays where each array corresponds to a table in the Sql Server.After performing lots of calculations,the final output that results out of the calculations will be stored in a db2 table. The aim is to remove the Sql Server completely.The approach that iam looking for is to load a dataset with multiple data tables through the array instead of loading it into the sql server. In this case, the database is no more the sql server but the dataset itself. My question is, can i make the dataset to act as a database (sql server) and perform DML commands on it (as if it is sql server, DML commands can be processed by making use of a data adapter). Is there a way to associate a data adapter with the dataset without using a physical database?

Thanks a lot for you effort.

Last edited:
Associate data adapter with dataset without database

Hi

I have a dataset which has been loaded with data through multiple arrays.
This dataset is having multiple data tables that are related to each other.
This dataset can aslo be called as a database for an application as there is no actual database available for that application.
My question is, can i run DML statements in this dataset to get the desired records? Is there a way to associate a data adapter with this dataset to run select, insert, update and delete statements on this dataset without the use of any physical database?
Is there a way to create a connection object that points to this dataset as a datasource?

Please let me know if it is possible.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back