Calender script, where to start?

RTT

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have a situation and i don't know how to start to solve it the best way possible. I have to make an ASP web application with an complex calendar

I have a database where events are entered (for example: meeting on 18/3/2005 from 8:00 till 10:00) and i have to display an overview of it by day. So if i ask a calendar for 18/3 i should see an overview of the complete day hour by hour. The hours that are busy should be show in a different color (a little like the outlook calendar or look at the screens i made from how i want it to look http://gradict.kahosl.be/tom.rubbens/screens.pdf). The free hours should be clickable so you can go to a page te directly book for the clicked hour, and the events in the calender should be clikcable to view the details.

After i made it for one day i would make it for a week and a month. but i really don't know where to start? since almost everything has to be clickable i think it will be very complex but maybe somebody has a great idea of how to approach it.... any suggestions are welcome

thxs

Last edited:
I was not able to view your pdf the link was broken. It sounds like you have alot of work to do. You may want to consider building your own calendar in html table format, that way you can give the cells an id, then populate the cell with the info from database. I just made a Schedule program that uses a html table an puts the day of the week and date into a cell on top(header), below it you could fill in the meeting stuff.

Back