Calendar Control: Highlighting specific not nessarily consecuitve days in a month

jimctr

Programming Experience
Beginner
I haven't been able to figure out how to highlight (provide background color to cell) or circle specific dates on a calendar. It appears that there is a way to do this with ASP.net but have not seen any mechanism to do this with VB.net. I will be highlighting usually not necessarily a single date, but multiple days in a month and they also don't necessarily need to be consecutive.

I would like something more dramatic that AddBoldedDates()

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I'm afraid that the basic VB calendar is pretty useless when it cones to this kind of customisation. Sadly the WPF's no improvement (quite the opposite). If you can do something with ASP however, you could possible create one there and host the page in a non-navigable webbrowser on your VB form? Just a thought.

I did see someone create a configurable calendar app (probably more functionality than I need) for VB.net at Calendar.NET - CodeProject

I just haven't figured out how to embed it just yet
Download the binaries, drag and drop the dll to your Toolbox, drag the new Calendar control in Toolbox to a form.

Calendar.Net

I drag the .dll over but don't see it in the toolbox anywhere. That said, if I try to add a reference to the .dll, it can't because it says the reference already exists. I am seeing the component under the Object Browser. Why do you think I can't see it in the toolbox. I added it under the General Tab. The component was added to the Object Browser not because I dragged the .dll to the Toolbox but because I added a reference to it.

Last edited:
  • You have correct VS version (because your forum profile says so, and you could reference it directly).
  • You must use Toolbox in design view (why would you be in code view?).
  • Project type is Windows Forms application.

You don't need to add reference, as with any control you add from Toolbox the reference is added automatically when you add the control to form.

All the above is true, though I still don't see it. What tab should it occur under? Is the name Calendar.Net or is it referred to as something else in the toolbar.

What tab should it occur under?
The tab you dropped it to.
Is the name Calendar.Net or is it referred to as something else in the toolbar.
The name is Calendar, this is the control class name. Calendar.NET is the namespace.

Capture.PNG

xxxxxxxxxx

Yes, I dropped it under General but it doesn't show up. I am trying a different calendar. It's not open source and costs a few bucks to use: an Active X based Calendar solution, but at least its showing up in the toolbox. Not certain why the other is invisible.

Back