Budget Program

teamdad

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am wanting to try my hand at writing a somewhat simple household budget program and haven't found anything on the Internet about writing software like this. Anyone have good links to example programs, source code or maybe something to get me started in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.

well right off the top of my head, you'll want to be using a database to store the info, given the simplicity of the program an MS Access database would be fine (Access comes with MS Office, just like word and excel) so researching databases with vb.net would be a good start

as for the actual program, you'll probably want to have it so you can enter an amount recieved, then have it display how much will be bugetted to wherever it goes, i cant be anymore detailed than that because i'm gonna leave that up to you to think about

but you should make the program be able to add different "budgets" meaning the user should be able to add a new item to the list of things that needs to be bugetted for
i hope that helps ya some

Hey Manic don't you think that first he should learn how to design DB at all. I think that good designing of DB is big deal and it is the main issue for the begginers ... not rarely u can find very usefull applications with poor designed DB ... that will only lead you to learn a VB.NET in a wrong and hardest possible way. Also the app will have poor performances and also will be damn hard for maintaining.

Regards ;)

actually teamdad didnt mention using a database at all, i did because that's what i would use to store all the data, since i mentioned the using of a DB i suggested that he learn how to make & use them

Back