Question Blank Crystal Reports on .Net app

TBJ

Programming Experience
1-3
I apologize if this topic has been discussed before but I ran a search on the forums and could not find something specific to my problem.

I have a .Net web application. The purpose of the application is to display a particular crystal report depending on what the customer chooses from a drop down list.

I first ask the customer to enter a date range, select which report they want, and then hit a button.

I have 1 crystalreportviewer, and 1 crystalreportsource on the page. Depending on what report the person uses, I change the value of the crystalreportviewer.reportsource to the appropriate reportname, and I also change the crystalreportviewer.selectionformula to whatever query is applicable to this report.

I packaged and installed the app on my test server (a windows xp machine running IIS 5.1) and it works perfectly. For security reasons I decided to upgrade my IIS server to Windows Server 2008.

After plenty of issues i was able to install the app on Windows Server 2008. The app runs but the problem I encounter is that only 1 of the reports displays data. The rest of the reports come up blank!!

I am completely confused by this. i checked the ODBC connections and they are ok, I mean, one of the reports displays data perfectly. Why don't the other reports display data? It is the same connection, same controls, same app that i installed on the XP machine! But yet, only one of the reports work.

Does anyone have any idea how to correct this? I am thinking this is an OS problem, some UAC-like "feature" must be messing with my app, but I am not sure what.

Last edited:
Back