Best method for invoicing

FuZion

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi there,

I'm currently writing a program that will generate large amounts of invoices, and I've been looking info PDF programs/dlls, but they're so expensive. Do you guys have any ideas for alternatives? I'll be emailing these to clients, as well as printing them.

Thanks!

It would be much easier to create PDF with a library like iTextSharp than to generate the encoded "markup" manually... :rolleyes:

Well I have been messing around with iText, but when I try to declare a new document, it says that a reference to assembly vsjlib containing the implemented interface java.util.addeventlistener is required, but I have referenced everything that I downloaded with iText. Did I forget something?

You can export a PDF from a Crystal Report and e-mail them using the System.Net.Mail namespace.

You mentioned "large amounts" and Crystal might be too much of a hog to accomplish what you want quickly. I think Crystal Reports.NET is included (Free). You have to pay for the stand alone editor; but, you can design an invoice based on a database and then output to different formats (PDF, EXCEL, WORD among a handful of others).

Back