batch copy or move files at scheduled time intervals

abnermagtimpi

Programming Experience
Beginner
is it possible using VBNET batch copy or move files at scheduled time intervals. do you have example source code? thanks

Alternatively for something a little beyond a simple batch, see if you can track down Robocopy - it is (or used to be) part of the Windows Resource kits.

No need for VB for that, create a batch file or a script and install it in the task scheduler.

thanks herman. how about a group of file? is it possible to move a group of file within the certain time schedule. for example the files need to move at 9:00 pm and the vb application should automatically transfer all the files or given files to the destination. can you help me or do you have sample vb program for that. thanks for the response

Unless you have some particular reason for needing to use VB to accomplish what you're after, you are over-complicating the solution to your need.

As both Herman and I have posted, there are simple tools available to you right now without having to reinvent the wheel. If you do have a requirement to produce an app to do this, then a quick search with your favourite search engine will give you plenty of links to examples.... the community here are happy to help others when they have problems with their coding, but you're generally not going to be getting your work done for you.

So, bottom line, if you're hell bent on the VB route, do some searching on file transfers, knock yourself up some code and come back here if you run into problems.

Good luck

What parts are you having trouble with? Can you move a single file? Can you instantiate a Timer and handle its elapsed event?

i will send an overview layout of my proposed program. the problem is i dont know what codes i will put through the program . can you help me to build if its okay to you. and my boss give me limited time for that program. and if ever you can do it, it is possible to connect the vb program to the network?

thanks for the advice dude

Back