basic error sql

lol_m

Programming Experience
1-3
hi to my friends
i'm new in database with vb.net
i wanna tell my problem so clean for everyone , pls solve my problem & i thank u very much
see :
i have a clean form & then i drag sqldataadapter to my form & i pass wizard so good with test connection button , when i press on it , it says that ur connection is successful created , its okay , after select (USE SQL statement) in option button & then i insert my query string SELECT idn, oil FROM hala & next & so finish , its okay , after that sqlconnection will create automatically , i do right click on sqldataadapter & then generate dataset & create my dataset11 name ,
i have 2 column , i use than 2 textbox & related them to my column with data binding property
like to this pic :
http://www.parsbox.ir/filez/pop1.JPG
& then i go to my form load & put this damn line code
Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
SqlDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet11, "hala")

End Sub
-----------------
hala is my table name , i really bored of challenge with this , please help me when i run this little app , its shows me this damn error
http://www.parsbox.ir/filez/pop2.JPG
please help meeeeee , i really thankful of everyone that help me
if you can tell me where is my job is wrong or give me a simple app that can connect to ms sql server without any problem
really thank
bye

Hi,
Can't see it from here, but it could have to do with the fieldnames in your tables. What is the exact query?

yeah i can run my query in q analyzer , & also in VB.NET dataset i can see my query result !!!
i don't know where is my problem !! did you see my problem :( ???
when i put
SqlDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet11, "hala")
that code in form load event , that error will be show , please help my friends

I usally get such errors when I use reserverd VB names as fieldnames in my queries, but I can't see that here... however, the symptoms are the same...

thx my friend , but i did test it , no , it doesn't work same:(
alittle by alittle i'll test connect to access database !!! i'm tired of working with MS SQL
please tell me my friends , i think access is better becuase doesn't need to install anything on client computer but MS SQL require to install MS SQL , right?
which one is better please tell me ur idea ! & also if you find a solve way for my problem tell me .
some one tell me with this position , will work for you on your pc ?

SQLS to Access? Now that's going from the frying pan into the fire...

Given the choice, I;d install oracle 10g express..

heyyyyyyyyyyy my friends :D i found how to solve my problem , i'll tell maybe someone else has this problem
i use than one specific username for connecting to my ms sql , but i read in another forum that i'm really thankful of him ,
he said that please connect to database with trust connection not specific username , he said also that if you have this error , your problem is around ur database , though , i really thank for participate in solving my problem

Back