Backup SQL Server database using my application

danishce

Programming Experience
3-5
Hello:
I want to know how to take backup of SQL Server database using my application in vb.net programatically. I have a database that is located on C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\Northwind and i take backup of this database into D:\Northwind folder but with the help of ADO.net code.
I am new to vb.net so please explain me with code.
Danish Majid

I want to take data backup of a particular date transaction,suppose i want to take backup of today transactions data only. can you guide me?
Danish

By the way cjard, several of the links in your signature don't work, validate!
There are 2. It's vBulletin's fault, trying to be too clever with hrefs, but actually taking a dumb approach of prepending http if the link doesnt start with it. It makes relative linking very hard; perhaps you have sufficient clout with vB to get this bug corrected..

"/showpost.php?p=41745" is a valid href from an HTML point of view, but the forum likes to mangle it up, and I dont think have enough characters left in my signature to sort it out.. Please also consider raising the character limit on a user signature?

Yeah.. it's been an interesting ride since I stumbled in here a year ago, knowing nothing about data access in vb..

Back