Back Button missing ?

ALX

Programming Experience
10+
In VB2003 there were "back" and "forward" buttons to help the user navigate through the code. If you clicked "Go to definition" you could then click the "back" button to go back to where you were before hand. These buttons appear to be missing in my version of VB2005. Did they decide this was not a good feature, or is there another way to do this in VB2005?

Every Microsoft product for God knows how long has enabled you to customise the toolbar to your liking and VS 2005 is no different. Right-click the tool bar and select Customize, just like always.

IDE issue. Moved to more appropriate forum.

ALX can customize his toolbar for God knows how long but that won't get him that specific feature back :)

I believe he is talking about a special add-in that he had installed in his VB.NET 2003, i think it's this one: http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/GoBackAddin.asp , or am i wrong?

Unfortunately it doesn't work for VB.NET 2005 and i can't find anything similar immediately.

Last edited:
The Navigate Backward and Navigate Forward commands are available from the View menu in VS 2005 just like they were in VS.NET 2003. You can use the Customize feature to add any menu item to the tool bar as a button. In VS 2005 there is no drop down history like there was in 2003 but you can siply click the buttons multiple times. You can also use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+- and Ctrl+Shift+-.

Back