Resolved AxWinsowsMediaPlayer mouse and keyboard input problem

jcardana

Old to VB6, New to VB.NET
Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm working on a video portfolio to demonstrate my video editing abilities.

I have the program starting with frmBlank and opening wmpBlank with fullscreen playing a little production title. Keyboard events don't get trapped, but mouse events do, so I can get the video to terminate and display frmMain which, sure, that's what I want.

But, from frmMain, when I use wmpMain with fullscreen, mouse events don't get trapped but keyboard events do.

I'm still switching from VB6 to .net so there are a lot of settings still new to me.

Why do the two players work reversed from each other while in fullscreen?

VBNet-WMP_Properties.jpg
Fig1. Properties of wmpMain & wmpBlank

Thank you for your time,
Joe

AxWindowsMediaPlayer.uiMode property (Windows)
During full-screen playback, Windows Media Player hides the mouse cursor when enableContextMenu equals false and uiMode equals "none".
Maybe because of that?

I think also WMP uses DirectShow, this article indicates differences in keyboard/mouse events for windowlessVideo that is it possible WMP handles differently also:
Using Windowless Mode (Windows)

These are settings that you have different, so maybe experiment with those and see if you can find more information if you find these to be the cause.

So on my main form, in fullscreen, the media player will not respond to any mouse clicks. The play/pause button, stop button... nothing works. This is unacceptable. I can only conclude I'm doing something wrong.

Is there a better thread to put this?

Back